Reconstruction of the Metrorail system will continue over next weekend on the Blue, Orange and Silver Lines.
Foggy Bottom – Eastern Market Shutdown
7:00 a.m. Saturday, February 4 – closing, Sunday, February 5
- Stations closed: Farragut West, McPherson Sq, Metro Center Blue/Orange/Silver platform, Federal Triangle, Smithsonian, L’Enfant Plaza Blue/Orange/Silver platform, Federal Center SW, and Capitol South
- Free shuttle buses will replace trains between Foggy Bottom and Eastern Market with local and limited stop service. Please add 10 minutes of travel time for each station stop.
- Orange Line will operate every 15 minutes in two segments: Between Vienna – Foggy Bottom and between Eastern Market - New Carrollton
- Blue Line will operate every 15 minutes in two segments: Between Franconia-Springfield – Foggy Bottom and between Eastern Market – Largo Town Center
- Silver Line will operate every 15 minutes between Wiehle-Reston East & Ballston only. Customers traveling to/from other stations should use Orange and/or Blue Lines to complete their trip. At Ballston, transfer between Silver and Orange line trains on the same platform.